Promoting Student Engagement and Positive Behaviour
At Good Samaritan we believe students have the right to learn in a safe environment. They learn best when they are mindful of themselves, take an active role in shaping their own behaviour, and support others to do so.
It is the responsibility of the Good Samaritan School to:
- Provide a safe environment that respects the dignity of individuals and provides positive learning experiences.
- Promote relationships based upon compassion, tolerance and mutual respect
- Address Social and Emotional learning needs through the curriculum
- Develop and communicate protocols and procedures for dealing with behaviour
- Ensure that inappropriate behaviour and breaches of the school rules are not tolerated
- Support the wellbeing of all staff, students and parents
- Provide training and learning opportunities for all staff, students and parents
- Monitor incidences of inappropriate behaviour and breaches of the school rules and respond as appropriate
- Review policy and procedures on an annual basis